The investigation is based on a complaint filed by SI Group, Inc., of Schenectady, NY, on May 21, 2012
page 1 of 1
The U.S. International Trade Commission has voted to institute an investigation of certain rubber resins and processes for manufacturing same. The products at issue in this investigation are synthetic rubber resins, including tackifiers used in the manufacture of tires.
The investigation is based on a complaint filed by SI Group, Inc., of Schenectady, NY, on May 21, 2012. The complaint alleges violations of section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 in the misappropriation of trade secrets asserted by SI Group, Inc., and the importation into the United States and sale of certain rubber resins, including "tackifier" made using trade secrets asserted by SI Group, Inc. The complainants request that the USITC issue an exclusion order and a cease and desist order.
The USITC has identified the following as respondents in this investigation:
- RedAvenue Chemical Corp. of America of Rochester, NY;
- Thomas R. Crumlish, Jr., of Rochester, NY;
- Precision Measurement International LLC of Westland, MI;
- Sino Legend (Zhangjiagang) Chemical Co., Ltd., of China;
- Sino Legend Holding Group, Inc., of the British Virgin Islands;
- Sino Legend Holding Group Limited of Hong Kong;
- HongKong Sino Legend Group Ltd. of Hong Kong;
- Red Avenue Chemical Co. Ltd. of the British Virgin Islands;
- Ning Zhang of Canada;
- Quanhai Yang of of China; and
- Shanghai Lunsai International Trading Company of China.